Subject: Re: Locked Disk

Re: Locked Disk

From: Bengt Ritover <bengtritover_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:21:19 +0000

Hi Björn

Thanks for the reply. I followed the (very thorough) procedure on the lock
page to the letter, but unfortunately ATAPWD returned the message "ERROR:
command rejected by drive" every time. The master password has not to my
knowledge been changed - from what I can see from a search through Google it
is a factory preset.

Thanks again, and BTW thanks for the great firmware - hopefully I can get
back to using it!

>From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>Subject: Re: Locked Disk
>Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:57:48 +0100
>
>Bengt Ritover wrote:
> > The drive is a Fujitsu MHK2060AT, and the S, E and L indicators are
>showing
> > set (+), and the security level is showing maximum (m). I cannot even
>erase
> > the drive!
> >
> > Can anyone help?
>
>What do you want us to do? It's all clearly described on the lock page:
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/lock.html
>
>You need to specify more details. Is the master password changed?
>
>--
>Björn

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059