Subject: Memory/Settings Creation Question

Memory/Settings Creation Question

From: Dave Jones <dave_at_hfpacoustical.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:49:52 -0600

Some newbie questions about memory:

I'd like to create a couple of new global settings for my Rockbox firmware.

I can't tell from the settings.c file if there is room for them in the
Config block saved to Ram. I would guess from my rudimentary knowledge that
this space is full.

Can I just add them onto the end of the Config block that is saved to disk?
If so, what is my offset? 0xFC + 260 bytes?

I plan on using two settings, 1 is a boolean setting (1 bit?) , the other
will have maybe 4 or 5 values (3 bit?)

I'd really appreciate a couple of quick pointers about how to set this up
and maintain compatibility and good coding style.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave Jones, Senior Project Consultant
HFP Acoustical Consultants Inc.