Subject: Re: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

Re: [OT] ripper -> mp3 software

From: Warren 'Llama' Ernst <warren_at_warrenernst.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:24:47 -0800

>>Well,
>>
>>You said that a Win32 option was fine, and actually, the MusicMatch
>>Jukebox software that came with the Recorder (that IS what you have,
>>right?) works great.

> Personally I find the MusicMatch program clumsy and difficult to use. In
> particular it's handling of playlist creation is useless for me.

Agreed. MusicMatch stinks when it comes to playlist creation. Usually my
music from the CD's I own get's put in an "Albums" directory, then a
directory that is the Album Name, and then the files are named "01 - We
Close Our Eyes.mp3"

If I want to hear the songs in order, I just turn off Shuffle. If I want
randomness, I turn on Shuffle. If I want random playing across
directories, then the filenames don't matter.

But CDEX looks really cool though. I assume that it is plenty fast and
high quality.

-Warr