Subject: Re: cvs: firmware mpeg.c,1.204,1.205

Re: cvs: firmware mpeg.c,1.204,1.205

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:59:04 +0100

Björn Stenberg wrote:

>>Hm... Wouldn't it be simpler to use id3v1len to avoid reading the data
>>in the first place? (Naturally, this assumes the field is actually set
>>in id3.c.)
>

> The problem is that this field is only set if the file does not have
> an id3v2 tag. A while back we stopped looking for a v1 tag if a v2
> tag is present.

I suspected I hadn't thought of something. :) Still, id3.c doesn't set
id3v1len at all.

Hm... The code won't properly handle the case when less than 128 bytes
are read, will it (tag is missed; wrong memory checked)? I imagine it
doesn't happen very often, so maybe it isn't worth fixing...

On the other hand, why bother skipping the ID3V1 tag? The MP3 format
just doesn't support gapless playback anyway. And I do wonder long it
takes for the MP3 decoder to sync to the next frame in this case. :)

--
Magnus Holmgren