Rockbox mail archiveSubject: logging patch - find never used dirs
logging patch - find never used dirs
From: Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 17:32:50 +0100
It seemed to me that rating functions, bookmarking, logging can be
divided into two groups: The one with functions that the user actively
selects (e.g. "Bookmark this file") and the other which collects
important information automatically which can then used for analysis
I decided to make a very simple implementation of the latter one.
- every time, mpeg.c fills the mpeg buffer with data from a track (AKA
"plays a file"), one line is added into /.rockbox/.log_file in the
YY-MM-DD hh.mm.ss PLAY Filename
03-03-04 04.08.01 PLAY /Alben/Skunk Anansie - Stoosh (1996)/Skunk Anansie - Pickin On Me.mp3
- this data can be analyzed with external programs/scripts easily
- a sample windows program shows all directories in a list, sorted, and
shows you the directories you never played. You can then delete these
directories (they obviously only use disk space). You should have used
your AJB some weeks to have useful results...
- The patch is on the patch tracker. If I change something, it can be
found there. I may also update the win program (same URL then).
- A compiled version to play around with can be downloaded here:
- If the function is considered to be useful and to be added to CVS,
I'll add the necessary code to make it configurable (loggin on/off) in
Received on 2003-03-04