Subject: Re: Recording quality low

Re: Recording quality low

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 11:00:37 +0100

[Quoting Chris Holt, on March 7 2003, 07:10, in "Re: Recording qualit"]
> I'd consider that there is a D-A-D conversion going on here.

Sure. The CD player handles the D-A conversion. If the audio signal is
fed to the amplifier the sound is okay. That's the way a home stereo
appliance works ;-).

However, when the audio signal is fed to AJBR (line in) the recorder
records it with low quality. When I put on the head phones, I can
monitor the sound as the recorder hears it, and it's inferior.

  CD-Player --> arbitrary amplifier --> good quality
  CD-Player --> AJBR --recording--> --playback--> low quality
  CD-Player --> AJBR --recording monitor--> low quality

-- Johan