Subject: Re: Recording quality low

Re: Recording quality low

From: Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:49:28 +0100

jvromans_at_squirrel.nl (Johan Vromans) writes:

> However, when the audio signal is fed to AJBR (line in) the recorder
> records it with low quality. When I put on the head phones, I can
> monitor the sound as the recorder hears it, and it's inferior.
>
> CD-Player --> arbitrary amplifier --> good quality
> CD-Player --> AJBR --recording--> --playback--> low quality
> CD-Player --> AJBR --recording monitor--> low quality

After several attempts in a strictly controlled environment I've been
unable to reproduce real differences between recording using the
soundcard (Creative SoundBlaster) of a PC[1], and the AJBR[2]. The
most likely culprit for the initial 'low quality' recordings is a bad
ear piece.

Sorry for the false alarm.

-- Johan

[1] http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/ajbrpcsb.mp3, 1.3Mb