Subject: Re: new bug ?!

Re: new bug ?!

From: Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:16:12 -0600

I believe I know what this error is for. I came across this error a few
days ago, and after looking at the documentation for the decoder/encoder
chip, I deduced it was from trying to play an usupported bitrate.

In my case, I was trying to play a 320kbit file whereas my recorder only
supports up to 256 decoding. (I could be wrong on the abilities since
the documentation was unclear and only the encoding was explicitly stated)

This error, is the only thing on the screen, besides the status bar, the
red light blinks steady 1 second on, 1 second off, and the unit is
hung. Only a poweroff and a power back on works.

I assume this is coming from the chip itself and not the OS? Perhaps if
it can be intercepted there would be a way to prevent hanging and/or
even a more descriptive error message.

Again, this is my speculation. I am not involved with *this*
development effort and have not looked at much of the source code, so I
can't say for sure.

And of course this is repeatable, I can provide a file that causes this,
and I am using cvs build 030311.

Chris