Subject: Re: Some USB 2.0 questions

Re: Some USB 2.0 questions

From: Andrew Jamieson <ajamiesn_at_optusnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:10:59 +1100

There are only two OEM USB controller chips on the market AFAIK, the NEC one
and a VIA one. Both conform to the EHCI spec, and therefore (I would
imagine) would run with the Linux EHCI driver module.

However, if you get the chance to choose, go the NEC chip. Not only is it a
more robust implementation of the spec, the VIA chip tends to be used in
cheaper implementations where the USB board layout guidelines are not so
strictly adhered to ....