Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: Read errors

Re: Read errors

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:08:48 -0000 (GMT)

Björn Stenberg said:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> Is there a more "severe" reset option available, harder than a soft
>> reset, but softer than a power off/on?
>
> Yes, there is ata_hard_reset().

I see you have "upgraded" the soft reset to this hard reset in CVS now. I
will try it out over the next few days.

I think there is still the possibility that we can return zero from
ata_read_sectors(), even though we have read less data than was requested.
Unfortunately I have not yet tracked down the path through the code that
causes this, but i do sometimes still get "silent playback", which is the
symptom of this problem. I will continue to dig, however!

Also, should the READ_TIMEOUT be max(5*HZ,<anti_skip_buffer_size>), since
if anti-skip buffer is set to 7 seconds, we are giving up the ata read 2
seconds before the anti-skip buffer empties, and abandoning 2 seconds of
successfully read mpeg data.

--
Mike Holden