Subject: Re: Re: "news on the rockbox front" ?

Re: Re: "news on the rockbox front" ?

From: Brad Patten <blood-stone_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 15:40:17 -0500

I just started using rockbox saturday, and found some interesting twists as related to the original software. I downloaded the current version (as of saturday) for my Fm recorder. A couple of 'features' were confusing me until I looked over the settings in detail. The setting for display of file type had me thinking I was crazy as music files were not showing up, until I changeded the type to display. Also an update to reflect what each model vs the current version of rock box supports might make things easier. Such as the feature for FM that Rock box doesn't support the FM tuner (yet)
All in all I like the Rockbox set a bit better, than the original, even if there could be some improvements to the interface, (such as clearing out the shortcuts for F2 / F3)