Subject: IR remote....in the other way

IR remote....in the other way

From: Damien Teney <damien.teney_at_sobelairva.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:13:31 +0100 (Paris, Madrid)

Hello all,
As there are anew people talking about IR remote for the Archos, I thought
about turning the archos into a IR remote control, in order to command other
devices such as TV, VCR, etc. As this feature isn't really an useful feature
 it would nevertheless be fun, especially if it can be made very easily.

I have some weeks ago made a ir serial remote nearly for free, as explained
on this page http://pc-ir-remote-vb.sourceforge.net/. It used only 1
component (the IR led), and the 40 KHz carrier was created by the computer.
I tought it would be possible to create a thing like this running on the
Archos, but I don't know much about what's inside it. So, what do you think
of this, would it be technically possible ?

~~~~~~Damien Teney~~~~~~
~~~dteney_at_hotmail.com~~~
~~~~www.mcarsweb.com~~~~
~~~www.sobelairva.net~~~