Subject: Re: need help: just purchased a 20gig recorder

Re: need help: just purchased a 20gig recorder

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 12:10:21 -0500

Most ripping software will allow you to put the tracknumber as part of
the filename as you rip the songs, check into the settings of the
software you use. If most of your songs have ID3 tags with the track
number in them then most ID3 utilities will allow you to rename the songs
based on elements of the ID3 tag. This is usually very quick and easy.

You can also make .m3u playlists that have the songs in album order.
There are many utilities that will make these playlists and both Archos
and Rockbox firmware can play them in order or shuffled.

Since the Archos is a hard drive with fairly simple disk operating
system, it doesn't care about what order the songs are loaded onto it.
So just like the default for Windows, the files will be listed in
alphabetical order.