Subject: Re: Spare battery

Re: Spare battery

From: Joris van den Heuvel <joris.bass_at_planet.nl>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 20:58:19 +0200

| Li-Ion batteries are rather dangerous and cannot be
| handled by the end user, it probably isn't Archos
| choice, battery manufacturers impose that kind of
| restrictions on their clients.
| Joaquim

This is the very reason I will never, ever, not ever if my life depended on
it, buy a unit with fixed Li-Ion batteries in them. If the things wear out,
you'll have to send it to the manufacturer to have them replaced. Bring on
the money! Cha-ching!

BTW, Li-Ion batteries are kind of explosive if not handled correctly.
Lithium (and possibly other chemical substances) that leaks from a damaged
cell is highly flammable and (possibly) poisonous.

Joris.