Subject: charge and holding on fm recorder

charge and holding on fm recorder

From: spidermagnet <rokbokser_at_imtarget.cotse.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:51:17 -0500 (EST)

Gentle people,

I'm the proud owner of an FM recorder, not quite 2 months old. I've been
tracking the daily snapshots a couple of times a week--although doesn't
seem anything has changed in that code anyway. I would be grateful for
your kind assistance on the powering of this device.

Symptom is that it doesn't seem to charge fully:

- I put it to charge, it hits 100%, i turn it off and unplug it.
- I immediately turn it back on, and the power is at 76%. I plug it back
in to charge it up, after a time it hits 100%, i turn it off and unplug
it.
- I immediately turn it back on, and the power is at 83%. I plug it back
in to charge it up, after a time it hits 100%, i turn it off and unplug
it.
- I immediately turn it back on, and the power is at 86%. I plug it back
in to charge it up, after a time it hits 100%, i turn it off and unplug
it.
- I get sick of this exercise and listen to some music. The battery gauge
drops quickly into the upper 60%s.

The power will creep up to 92 or 93 if i never play any music. I
understand that the battery measurement algo is imperfect, just want to
know how to behave for the best battery life.

Also, I haven't seemed to be able to identify the location of the "deep
discharge on" and "trickle charge off" options mentioned in the FAQ.
Please assume I am stupid. Do these exist on this build?

many thanks for what assistance you might offer.

spi