Subject: Re: can't save settings

Re: can't save settings

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 15:44:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Stan Reeves wrote:

> I just downloaded Rockbox 1.4 into my AJB 6000. When I adjust the settings
> and then turn it off and reboot, it doesn't save the adjusted settings.
> Am I doing something wrong? I also have the AJBR 20G, and it saves
> settings on that.

The Recorder series have a battery backed-up RAM where Rockbox saves data
into and that is made instantly.

The Player/Studio series has no such RAM, so the only way for Rockbox is to
store the config data on disk. However, Rockbox doesn't spin-up the disk
solely for that purpose but instead will do it when it spins up the disk the
next time (for another purpose).

So, if you listen to music or browse the dir or similar, it'll use the disk
and thus save your config...