Subject: RE: [ rockbox-Bugs-716839 ] Delay when ff/rew

RE: [ rockbox-Bugs-716839 ] Delay when ff/rew

From: Brian Rodgers <bkrodgers_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:46:52 -0500

Precisely! If you've pressed the button, you've said that you're done
listening to that song.

As to the general sluggishness of changing tracks, here's where it's
*really* a problem. If I want to get from playlist track 1 to track 4, both
the archos firmware and rockbox handle this more sluggishly than I'd expect.
The archos one just goes to hell on this task, sometimes skipping into the
wrong song. While rockbox doesn't do this, it does still seems to be a bit
slower and just not as smooth as it is in winamp or a CD player.

A winamp style playlist browser will help (and I know that Stefan Meyer is
working on one), but I still think that it'd be great if some improvements
could be made to the track skip mechanisms to make this operation much more
smooth. It might also help (even if it's just in terms of perception) if
you could speed up how the display is updated when you press ff/rew.

-Brian