Subject: Re: Frequency as it relates to recording quality

Re: Frequency as it relates to recording quality

From: Eric Woudenberg, Minidisc.org Editor <minidisc_at_zoot.minidisc.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 17:34:06 -0400

Nyquist sampling theorem:

This theorem defines the process of sampling audio with a digital
system. Amongst other things, it states that the sampling frequency of
a digital audio system must be at least twice that of the highest
audio frequency, otherwise aliasing will occur. The Nyquist theorem
was developed at Bell Labs by C. Shannon and H. Nyquist. See Aliasing.

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/product/proaudio/homeenglish/dictionary/02r-glossary.html

Rick