Subject: Re: Crash

Re: Crash

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 22:57:00 +0100 (BST)

Linus Nielsen Feltzing said:
> Mike Holden wrote:
>> I have a patch "in the system" that fixes the charging display for the
>> FM model. It is likely there may be a clash :-( I was hoping mine
>> would be added to CVS since it is in response to a bug report, but
>> have heard nothing as yet from the Guardians of The Code.
>>

> That is because the FM has low priority until 2.0 is released.
>
> /Linus

I'm not sure I understand why this should be so. I certainly agree that
new functionality (like the radio) should be "zero" priority until 2.0 is
out. But why relegate basic functionality that other models already have
to a low status as well?

If the FM is now fully supported (and we have already publicly stated that
it is), I don't see why the FM should be treated like a 2nd class citizen
and given lower priority than player and recorder models.

The bug fix is there, it just needs checking and applying. I appreciate
however that it takes your time (or Daniel, Byorn etc) to test and commit
changes that come from people like me, and appreciate that you are all
busy people.

My understanding was that the main priority now was bug fixing, rather
than new features, but this IS a bug fix, but only on the FM!
--
Mike Holden