Subject: Volume leveling?

Volume leveling?

From: Gady Keidar <masterofpuppets_5_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 23:27:26 -0700 (PDT)

First of all, I want to thank all the contributors of Rockbox for creating such a wonderful firmware, I LOVE it! I'm new to Rockbox (less than a week) and still amazed at the improvement it brings to the Archos.

I'm using the 1.4 release at the moment and was wondering if there were any attempts of handling the volume differences between different files. On my PC, I'm using the MUSICMATCH Jukebox that have a volume leveling function, not a bad feature - better than nothing. If I understand correctly, the function is "marking" any chosen file, so that next time, the Jukebox will play that file with slightly higher volume than the current one. Those marked files won't work on the Archos, I need to remove the mark (not a problem). If I didn't got the idea right I would be more than happy to hear how it realy works, but the main reason I sent this mail was to find out if a function like volume leveling is possible in Rockbox.

So please let me know what's the situation on this subject. Thanks.