Subject: Re: Re: Battery patch (Was: Re: Crash)

Re: Re: Battery patch (Was: Re: Crash)

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:00:06 +0100 (BST)

Dirk A. Vahlsing said:
>> > PS: I'd expected to see the 'connected' (plug) icon flashing when
>> charging (and the battery indicating the charge level) but I could
>> be mistaken with another feature patch.
>>
>> My patch doesn't include that stuff. It only sorts out the "while
>> charging" display for FM, and puts the runtime in the status bar
>> during USB plugged. That patch is also the subject of this thread, but
>> isn't (yet) included in my patch.
>> --
>> Mike Holden
>>

> I'm currently not at home, so my part of that work (recorder, charger
> icon blinking, batt icon showing batt level) will have to wait a few
> more days... I don't have a newer version of my patch, sorry! I'll drop
> a mail as soon as I've updated my patch.

If it's going to be a few days, I may have a quick look at incorporating
something into my patch.

However I am conscious of the general plan to get 2.0 released, and I
would hate to hold that up over this, since it is after all fairly trivial
(although helpful and useful!). It would therefore probably be better to
hold this off until 2.1 development starts. I would also prefer to look at
the freeze/lock problems a bit more, as that is more of a showstopper
issue.

--
Mike Holden