Subject: Re: Rockbox manual

Re: Rockbox manual

From: Jörg C. Pochmann <jcpochmann_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:58:18 +0100

> I've uploaded a new version of the manual.
> http://usuarios.lycos.es/delecami/Rockbox-manual.pdf

Hi,
here are some of my annotations, please feel free to "translate" them to correct english.

ROLO should be mentioned in the Installation part.
You only need it here, an this is the only chapter a new user would really read carefully.

After initial boot other firmware builds can be loaded from any directory (by playing
them). The files just need the right extension (*.ajz / *.mod).

It is possible to load the original Archos Firmware.
The proper file just has to be downloaded from Archos website.
Archos offers version 1.27d which is said to be the same as the built-in ROM-Version
1.28.
Rename the file for example in "archosoriginal127d.ajz" to be shure it is not loaded
automatically after booting.

After booting to rockbox the first time, on some models the display contrast is too dark
(black window). To adjust contrast to your eyes follow these steps:
F1, down, right, down, down, right, down, down, down, right, down (until
you like the contrast)

Please explain what CVS and WPS stands for.

Perhaps you could explain, why there must be a dot before the .rockbox directory?
I know, that this should hide the directory under linux but why is it necessary or useful
for the end-user? It still shows up under (most-users) windows and on first startup no
user can change language or font because the directory is hidden under rockbox.

<jcp>!