Subject: Re: Right > button suddenly acts like the down arrow button

Re: Right > button suddenly acts like the down arrow button

From: Jack Peel <jhp_at_cypress.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:38:11 -0700

This sounds similar to the problem I have with my recorder. It seems
that I
"crushed" the spring in the down button on my reocrder. It now is VERY easy
to hit that button as there is little or no resistance to making the
switch close.
Since the up/down/right/left/play buttons are all part of the same
physical group
when you push on the of the other buttons the down button gets a little
pressure
too. And now sometimes gets pushed. I have worked around it by pushing
more up (towards the display) on the other buttons. This kinda works, but
it would be nice to be able to replace this button. If your recoreder
is still under
warranty you may want to send it back.

Of course this is nothing to do with rockbox, it is a hardware issue (at
least
with mine). You can convince yourself of this by going back to the archos
firmware and see if it acts the same....

Jack