Subject: Rockbox 2.0 w/ Bookmarking Available

Rockbox 2.0 w/ Bookmarking Available

Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:58:36 -0700

Grumble, grumble, if I had known they were going to release so soon, I
wouldn't have release a build on April 9th :-). Anyway, you can download my
bookmarking patch as applied to the Rockbox 2.0 code from:

http://www.samuraipanda.com/bookmarking-20.zip

And it's been submitted to SourceForge at:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=669440&group_id=443
06&atid=439120

This file contains a Recorder firmware along with the patch file for you
over-achievers who want to patch another model.

Two issues to note are:
01. For some reason, some of the deeper menus disappear when playing
    a file via the Most Recent Bookmark menu. The symptom will be a
    blank menu screen and attempting to use one of the missing menu
    items will cause Rockbox to crash.
02. If the recorder is compiled with the demos and the games, Rockbox
    will not load up and the default Archos OS will run instead. This
    has to do with a limit of the size of the firmware that can be
    loaded.

I'll work on fixing issue one (though I have no idea why it is happening).
Issue two is, I think, beyond my control, though the bookmarking code can
probably be trimmed down a bit.

As always, use this hack at your own risk and I'm not responsible for
anything that may happen to your Archos. Please read the bookmarks.txt
included in the aboce zip. If you find any bugs or have any suggestions,
please send me a note at rockbox_dev <at> samuraipanda <dot> com.

Ben