Rockbox mail archiveSubject: WPS Feature requests
WPS Feature requests
From: Brent Geery <fasttimes_at_mochamail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:34:35 -0700
The latest RockBox versions are great! I can finally actually *use*
my virtually unused Player 5000! Here are a few WPS features I'd like
to see, and want to know if they can be accomplished. Some seem
simple; some more difficult.:
1. An alternative to "%fb". Instead of displaying in kbps, I'd like a
2. An alternative to "%ff". Instead of displaying in Hz, I'd like a
3. A one character "cup" (on player) for the MPEG memory buffer. This
would work like the current "%pb" progress meter, but for the memory
buffer. OK, so I'm a geek, for wanting to monitor the buffer usage!
4. A battery life estimate, like the current "%bt", but in a more
traditional HH:MM format. This could save screen space.
5. The new "cup" progress bar "%pb" is fantastic! I'd like to see an
alternate version of the same concept. Instead of "emptying" like it
does in the current Player version, I'd like the cup to remain black,
with only the one "current" pixel turning off. For example, at the
half way point, only the very center pixel will be turned off. This
would be easier for me to read the meter with increased accuracy.
6. "Alternating" WPS lines! This would automatically alternate
between two or more lines. For example, Line one might be set up to
alternate between Artist and title, and the second line might
alternate between album & year, bitrate & file size, and then battery
life estimation. This would be very cool!
OK, that's it for the WPS requests. Any comments?
-- BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :) Fast Times At Ridgemont High Info http://www.FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.org Voted #87 - American Film Institute's Top 100 Funniest American FilmsReceived on 2003-04-16