Subject: Re: SPDIF Fuction..again! Think this is it...

Re: SPDIF Fuction..again! Think this is it...

From: Gonz <gonzini_at_freenet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 03:31:48 +0100

Hi Chris, i agree with you just to be able to get at the spdif input only /
output only on the same line would not bother me at all, just monitor with
line out when recording.
I nearly brought a 4 pole jack the other day to try this, but i had to send
my FM back to be repaired (under warranty), so i didn't get on it.
l'll try it out and see if thats what they have done, but tech support tell
me that its only spdif in..
l'll post me findings..
Im sure that a mod can be done to bring out the spdif signal from the pin on
the MAS chip to the outside world.Just hope that the software running can
switch it on or off, unless its on by default.I did read some of the data on
the mas3587 (if thats whats in the FM..) and there are registers that can be
manipulated to this effect, and other.DSP eeprom can be uploaded with new
data too as far as i can make out..as and how....benefits...other
formats.....?
I guess also that a remote will not work with the fm because of this line on
the jack being used for this purpose..? Unless they have used some clever
signal switching..
Cheers All
Gonz