Re: RE : Off Subject: Mailing list modification request

From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, it's common practice for mailing list subject lines to include
such a header at the beginning of the subject line.

I don't understand what you are saying about your phone provider. Do you
mean that you DO have your phone provider forward your messages? How does
50 messages per day relate to this particular problem, and why do you want
the identifier at the end of the line? I suspect those are somehow
connected, but if so I don't see it.

FWIW, I agree that a unique list identifier *would* be helpful on the
subject line. Perhaps...

   [ROCK] Sample Subject Line

...would be less objectionable to those with limited width displays. It
should definitely be at the beginning of the line, since the purpose is to
be able to pick them out easily when scanning a screen full of subject
lines.

Michael