Subject: Re: Possible recorded file bug?

Re: Possible recorded file bug?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 04:00:56 +0200

Jos Laake wrote:
> Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>
>> Jos Laake wrote:
>>
>>> But when I changed the recording frequency to 44.1KHz,
>>> the resulting file played on 'Media Player 9' just fine
>>> Hmmmph. Why doesn't it work at 48KHz?
>>

>> Beats me. I can imagine that it is a Xing header issue.

It was a Xing header issue. I have committed a fix for this. My first
version of the Xing header generator didn't set the MPEG version and
sample rate correctlty in the Xing header, and it seems like Media
Player reads the sample rate from the Xing header (something I think is
quite naive, but anyway).

You should be able to repair your already recorded files by running
"Update VBR file" on them. Do make a copy of them first, in case I have
introduced another undocumented feature...

Regarding MP3Ext, maybe it doesn't like that I generate a completely
empty ID3V2 tag...?

/Linus