Subject: Re: Who needs the F3 menu?

Re: Who needs the F3 menu?

From: Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:42:47 -0500

 From a UI standpoint, I think we should take a page from the cell phone
manufacturers and use the F1,F2,F3 buttons like the phones do. They are
dynamic answers to questions, used to accept and reject, etc etc.

So for example, you choose ON+PLAY, and right NOW the queue, rename,
delete, VBR fix menu comes up. (hope that is right from memory).
Instead, a suggestion would be to put queue as the F1 choice, rename as
F2, delete as F3. Any other key would cancel.

With an inverse video box as a visual cue, this would make it apparent
as to what the choices are, and easy to do at a glance when driving,
instead of looking for the tiny arrow.

My thoughts,
Chris