Subject: RE : Who needs the F3 menu?

RE : Who needs the F3 menu?

From: SeeSchloß <SeeSchloss_at_9online.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:47:32 +0200

Hmm this is already the system used by the original Archos firmware...
how would you make a menu with more than
3 items ? F1 for the first, F2 for then second and F3 to show the other
choices ? Isn't it a bit more complicated than the actual menus ?

> From a UI standpoint, I think we should take a page from the
> cell phone
> manufacturers and use the F1,F2,F3 buttons like the phones
> do. They are
> dynamic answers to questions, used to accept and reject, etc etc.
>
> So for example, you choose ON+PLAY, and right NOW the queue, rename,
> delete, VBR fix menu comes up. (hope that is right from memory).
> Instead, a suggestion would be to put queue as the F1 choice,
> rename as
> F2, delete as F3. Any other key would cancel.
>
> With an inverse video box as a visual cue, this would make it
> apparent
> as to what the choices are, and easy to do at a glance when driving,
> instead of looking for the tiny arrow.
>
> My thoughts,
> Chris
>

> Daniel Stenberg wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 idc-dragon_at_gmx.de wrote:
> >

> >>Is anybody using the F3 option so frequently that these
> need their own
> >>button? I understand F2, but F3...
> >>

> >I intend to post a full suggestion for a completely
> redesigned keymapping
> >soonish. It will alter the use of the F2 and F3 keys (and
> others as well).
> >
> >Stay tuned.

"When the rich make war it's the poor that die." - Jean-Paul Sartre

http://gpu.sf.net/