Subject: Re: RE : Who needs the F3 menu?

Re: RE : Who needs the F3 menu?

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:07:03 +0200

When I discovered Rockbox (10 days ago) the relative simplism of the F2
and F3 keys (no offense intended ) made me think that their current
usage was only for filling two gaps while waiting for the implementation
of more solid functions from the rich "list of things to come". The
playlist process that you describe is typically a good candidate in this
context.

By the way I had a similar feeling about games and demos : they are a
really amazing way of testing and demonstrating how far it is possible
to go with both the hardware and the firmware of the Jukeboxes, but I
doubt that so many people are much interested in playing games on them :
first it is not that handy, and second I have the impression that people
seem to be more eager to save power and battery range than wasting it by
playing games or funny screens, no ? After all, one (small) weakness of
the Jukeboxes is that it is not possible AT ALL to work on
non-rechargeable battery cells.

Cheers. Jean.