Subject: Re[2]: Battery patch

Re[2]: Battery patch

From: Markus Braun <Markus.Braun_at_krawel.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:56:21 +0200

* Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net) wrote:
> As an aside, the current battery animation shows graphics even if I choose
> numeric display, which I find annoying. I would rather the animation at
> least occasionally showed the actual value as part of the animation, for
> instance show the animation for 0, 34, 68, 100, then show the actual value
> for 2 loops in the appropriate numeric or graphical mode. The other
> option, which I favour, is to have an option to choose the flashing "power
> connected" icon when charging, and leave the battery indicator alone. I
> will look at this for a later patch, however, just interested in any
> comments.

The first version of the status bar implemented a battery that showed the
level all the time and a blinking power plug. But this was changed to the animated
battery because the level of the battery is at 100% long before the battery
is fully charged. So a user may remove the charger too early.
(See http://rockbox.haxx.se/irc/rockbox-20020813.txt at 16.03.40)

Markus

--
Any errors in spelling, tact or fact are transmission errors