Subject: Re: Batteries. (was: RE: More on recording *PANIC*)

Re: Batteries. (was: RE: More on recording *PANIC*)

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:13:04 +0200

Michael O'Quinn wrote:
> Those wouldn't happen to be iPowerUS 2100's, would they? If so, you might
> want to take a look at...
>
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS/BATTS/BATTS.HTM

Yikes!

  "In practice, I found that the highest current drain that the iPowerUS cells could tolerate without damage was something on the order of 500 mAh or less."

That's far less than the harddisk spinup drain.

  "The best use of the iPowerUS 2100s might be to simply view them as "semi-disposable" batteries, simply accepting the fact that they're going to need to be replaced after a dozen or charge/discharge cycles"

Thanks for the link. I'll remember to keep away from those...

--
Björn