Subject: RE : ext2fs

RE : ext2fs

From: SeeSchloß <SeeSchloss_at_9online.fr>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:04:37 +0200

> I was wondering if there is a reason not to implement ext2fs on
> rockbox. I only connect my jukebox on linux boxes so I wanted to know
> if it is possible to get rid of FAT32. Has someone already thought
> about it ?

Well I think there should always be a FAT partition, as the firmware can
only read FAT partitions and cannot be modified, so there should be a
small FAT partition with rockbox on it and an ext2 partition with the
music, and Rockbox should be able to understand an ext2 filesystem and
to load another partition...
Hmm I think it's a bit too complicated (moreover FAT partitions are
supported by all operating systems and Rockbox is already 200KB)

"When the rich make war it's the poor that die." - Jean-Paul Sartre

http://gpu.sf.net/