Subject: charger troubles - please help!

charger troubles - please help!

From: Tammy Delahaye <tammydelahaye_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 17:51:46 -0700

ok guys - i know this is a development mailing list, but you people are the
gods of all things about the archos recorder, so i'm asking here.

i can no longer charge my archos recorder 20. i know its not the adapter,
i've gotten people who know more about these things to test it for me, and
it apparently works fine. i'm out of warranty, and i've heard about how
*wonderful* archos tech support is, so ... i'm asking here first.

any suggestions? my current batteries are now almost dead, so i was thinking
i'd put in some other rechargable (and charged) 1600 mAh batteries I have -
except i cannot figure out how to get the old ones out. The archos web
site's picutres are no longer there. i know it has something to do with a
couple of the blue bumpers.. but i can't figure out which. and everytime i
start tugging on them - my system powers itsself up! so, anyone care to tell
me how to get in there? also, any suggestions on what i should do about the
fact its no longer charging?

any help would be *greatly* appreciated.. i love my archos (especially with
the rockbox 2.0, good work guys!) and and getting very frustrated here...

thanks in advance,
tammy