Subject: Re: ext2fs

Re: ext2fs

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 22:56:17 +0200 (MEST)

hello,
imho i`d like to completely agree to what björn said.
there is really no need to access another fs on arjb besides fat32 and
interoperability is the most important fact.
I think most of us have absolutely no problem with archos fs being fat32 -
for an mp3-player this is really quite ok.

nevertheless - only the first primary partition needs to be be fat32.
so, put your additional ext2fs,ufs,ntfs,myfs,geekfs or whatever partition/fs

(for file/data storage) on your archos, access that from your favourite
OS, be happy and just accept that you can`t access that from rockbox.
shure you can implement your own fs-driver, but don`t expect this being
supported/accepted by the rockbox crew in the near future, since there are
really more important things to do and not every idea can be put into
practice.

regards
roland

ps: