Subject: Re: Battery patch

Re: Battery patch

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:27:19 +0200

Mike Holden wrote:
> If battery mode=Graphical, then always show the battery icon. When
> charging, animate the battery icon and leave the plug icon solid.
>
> If battery mode=Numeric, then always show the battery percentage number.
> When charging, animate the plug icon.

This sounds good to me. The one problem is the thing with the numeric display showing 100% before the charging is actually completed. Maybe we should simply show max 99% as long as charging is in progress.

> On the USB screen, I will add a caption to the runtime display. Would the
> battery icon be suitably uncryptic to place next to the remaining time?

Yes, I think that would be good. The phrase "run time" is used elsewhere to show how long the unit has been running, so it would be unfortunate to use it for this too.

> A suitable text would be ok on recorder, but on player we will end up with a
> scrolling display. I suppose since player users are used to even basic menu
> items scrolling, this will not be an issue.

I'd like to avoid scrolling on the player. You could use a custom char to display a battery icon for the players too. Maybe something like this:

.**..
****.
****.
****.