Subject: Re: Battery patch

Re: Battery patch

From: D.A.Vahlsing <diava_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 16:43:20 +0200

Sorry for not reacting on the battery patch discussion and proceeding with
the coding/updating of the recorder version of that patch. I'm more than
100% busy these days, but Mike is doing a good job on what me should have
done. Thanks Mike!!!

My suggestions are:

- always show battery static (graphic or text depending on setting)
- flash battery when 'low batt' (no matter whether graphic or text)
- flash the plug icon during charging, show it static when charger plugged

This way everyone get's the information he/she wants to see. I think this
could be a resonable consensus (-; despite the fact that it suits my
personal preferences ;-)

- clipping the batt level to something below 100% during charging should
prevent "the ignorant/uninformed/whatever user" (I'm not offending here!)
from removing the charger to early.

So this shoudn't be a problem any more.

Maybe this evening I get the chance to give mikes patch a try...

Dirk