Subject: Newbie API questions

Newbie API questions

From: ds2list <ds2list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 22:10:49 -0700

Hello,

I would like to implement some new features on rockbox, and I am
new to the source code and API, so i was wondering if someone in
the know could answer a few basic questions for me:

1) Given a pathname to an mp3 file, what sequence of function calls
   (pseudo-code description is ok) does one need to do in order to
   play the file? From what I can see in the code, it builds a
   playlist for an entire directory when it plays a file, then
   calls mpeg_play() on it. Is this right? Could I build a
   playlist for just one file if I wanted to?

2) How are directories and files addressed in the API? Is
   it by file/directory name string? I see lots of integers
   seeming to represent directories in the code.

Thanks alot! And thanks for the great software!

-danan