Subject: Re: something about battery level + remaining time estimation

Re: something about battery level + remaining time estimation

From: TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 17:12:06 -0400

Uew,

the FM does exhibit the behavior described. Or at least mine does also. ;-)

I don't take it as a bug, as I assumed it was estimated from a (changing) voltage, and that this wasn't as visible on the Archos software because the Archos using a much smaller granularity with a range of only five or so values (empty, 25%, 50%, 75%, full. If that much less precise estimate is desired on the Rockbox, one needs only to set battery display to graphic.

I suspect the other posters realize this as well, and are just providing feedback on the behavior they see.

Is it possible that the estimation could be improved by employing a moving average of the last n estimations? Or is this already being done?

--
Archos FM needs a Rockbox!