Subject: Battery display, again...

Battery display, again...

From: Tom Burrus <tvburrus_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 03 May 2003 18:46:47 -0400

Uwe has a point here. Display accuracy is impossible while charging
(especially for those Li batteries in the FM.)

But I have to say that the patch that mimics the SonyEricsson phones is
a very good compromise. See patch "Charging animation looks like in
SonyEricsson mobile phones" number 699340.

This patch displays a battery graphic during charging but as the battery
is charging, the battery icon fills up slowly until it is full. I have
been using this patch and it consistently provides me the feedback I
need and it is not at all confusing. No need for accuracy as the battery
icon continues to fill up during charging. Since I use a numeric
battery, it stays an icon for a time after it is filled (still charging)
and I don't remove the charger until it becomes numeric again. (I
recommend turning on the trickle charge option as well.)

It is such a simple patch, I wonder why it isn't in the production
build? Thanks to Alex for this.

Thanks,
Tom