Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox "talkbox"

Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox "talkbox"

From: ds2list <ds2list_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 17:48:22 -0700

I'll try to put the menu feature into the next build.

Since this is a feature that a lot of people will not desire,
and therefore is probably unlikely to be included in the main
Rockbox tree, I'll put patches and builds up on my website.

Also, I also failed to mention that the feature currently disables
repeat mode. If not for this, when you entered a directory, the
directory name would play over and over and over again... until
you play another song.

I would think that verbal button presses should be easy,
as long as the requisite files are in the right place.
wouldn't it be funny if we could have Rockbox "voice-themes" for
that? (i.e.: 1-800-dentist lady, Troy McClure, Politicians, or
best of all: Casey Kasem!) All you need is a friend who can
do really good voice impersonations!)

-d