Subject: Re: cvs-030512 startup voltage bug

Re: cvs-030512 startup voltage bug

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 08:16:59 +0200 (MEST)

On Mon, 12 May 2003, Nathan Gray wrote:

> So, after I put cvs-030508 on the unit some strange things are happening.
> First, when you power off the unit, it restarts at 7 and gradually refills
> to display the true value (takes ~30 mins) - the unit always used to read
> the amount of power correctly.
>
> Anyone else have this problem? Maybe some code in the voltage readout was
> change - I don't know.

I've seen this as well. The only relevant change I can see is that
power_init is run earlier now, before mpeg_init. mpeg_init does various
hardware setup stuff, but I don't know if it touches anything used by the
power management code (to read the voltage). Seems to be the case though.
Either that, or power_init is simply run to early.

Magnus Holmgren