Subject: Re: Jukebox not booting (3 days after rockbox)

Re: Jukebox not booting (3 days after rockbox)

From: Nathan Gray <sanguination_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 16:39:20 -0700

I don't know if this helps any but...

In using any versions of the 1.XXX series of the Rockbox firmware I noticed
my device would not spin up if the device had gotten cold after previous
usage.

Example: Walk to library, play music, get to library, turn off JBFMR, lay
device on table outsidewhile looking through books just checked out from
library, leave library and try to turn on device.

The problems I would get were:
1) On-> Green LED would light up, backlight would turn on, hdd would spin
for 1 second and device would turn off.
Occasional Solution: Hold off/reset button for 10 seconds and on-> device
would spin up fine.

Example 2: Turn off device prior to boarding airplane -> electronic devices
can be turned on announced -> try to turn on device and Grr it wouldn't spin
up.
Solution: Kick and scream and throw the device...well not really. Wait until
airplane warmed up, hold reset for 10-20 seconds and device responded.

As you can see I had this problem a Lot when using versions 1.xxx - but have
not seen it since I moved on to 2.XX

-Nathan