Subject: Re: bug: playing back long recordings

Re: bug: playing back long recordings

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 18:15:11 -0400

On Sun, 18 May 2003 06:52:58 +0200, "Martin Borus" <martin_at_borus.de> wrote:

>The files are from 300 MB to almost 2 gigabytes big.
>Updating them within the jukebox takes way too long
>and drains the batteries (I tried to do that once but gave up
>when after 10 minutes the file was only 10% repaired.)

I can't imagine trying to work with files that big. The solution is obvious -
split the mondo file into manageable parts. I use a freebie utility called
mp3split. It's available on Source Forge, along with the source. It is very
fast. This utility can also put them back together again if you so desire.

There's a begware one called MP3DirectCut that may be a little faster but it
is begware. it can also only work on one file at a time.

Along with solving this problem, splitting mega files up makes finding your
place again MUCH easier. I split audio books into 10 minute chunks. 30
minute chunks might be more appropriate for your application.

I just can't see asking the RockBox gang to spend their time on this problem
when it is so easily solved by other means.

John
---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net