Subject: Re: [ rockbox-Feature Requests-739749 ] Support DAB in the future.

Re: [ rockbox-Feature Requests-739749 ] Support DAB in the future.

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:05:11 +0100 (BST)

I'm sure that Jason (trackthe ripper) subscribes to this forum, so I'll
ask on here why he thinks that various bits of esoteric functionality
could get supported by Rockbox. This is not the first request of this type
that he has posted.

Basically Archos functions are generally supported by internal hardware
(FM radio, MP3 decoding etc), and if the hardware isn't there, then
Rockbox can't support it. That's why we can't do AM/LW/SW radio, DAB
radio, recording TV programs like a VCR, burning CDs, microwaving your
dinner or painting your garden shed ;-)

I'm all for bringing ideas into the melting pot of suggestions, but please
try to keep them real-world!

--
Mike Holden
Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox