Subject: Re: Rockbox Sound

Re: Rockbox Sound

From: <markspooner_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 13:52:47 +0000

I just wanted to explain why my volume was at 88. This is due to the Etynomic ER4S headphones, which have a 100ohm resistance. If it was the ER4P the volume is around 70. I plan to test the new files asap along with the archos. It could just be me that hears the difference (dodgy ears) or it could be that the ER4S are phenomenally sensitive and will pick out everything out of a piece of music. I believe someone mentioned testing with the fantastic HD600. Well I have the HD580 and they are great when properly powered through a headphone amp but the archos will struggle to power them so you hear all the detail in the music.

By the way I don't want to slight the archos team or the wonderful things they have done for archos, I also think that the sound generally is very good, I just felt the old archos (minus the background noise) sounded a bit better. Anyway thanks for looking into this even if it is not a problem and just a case of dodgy ears on my part.