Subject: Re: remote control problem

Re: remote control problem

From: Ingo Korb <ml_at_akana.de>
Date: 20 May 2003 17:16:44 +0200

Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se> writes:

> 2) We must separate keypad events from remote events to support proper keylock.

But in which places does keylocking actually make sense? The only ones I
can think of right now are WPS, record- and radio-screen.

> 3) The remote is not used in many places. Adding a simple case to the places it is used in is not a big problem.

I'm not so sure about that - I actually use(d) the remote to navigate in
the directory browser (without looking at the screen), very useful if you
accidentally hit stop instead of pause and have a global playlist in /
or know enough about the directory structure to locate a specific directory.

-ik