Subject: Re: Reset config

Re: Reset config

From: c s <rb_dev_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 13:38:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Johan Vromans <jvromans_at_squirrel.nl> wrote:
> The newer daily builds have changed the config
> block, and hence all
> config values are reset upon boot.
> Would it be possible to apply at least some sane
> values in case of
> reset? In particular, defaulting 'show files' to
> 'all' (instead of
> 'music') would make it easier to get to my .rockbox
> directory to play
> my defaults.cfg file...

A more sane default for 'show files' would be 'show
supported' and at the same time change the behavior of
'show supported' to include showing the .rockbox
directory. As I and someone else recently pointed out,
it makes no sense to hide the .rockbox directory with
'show supported' mode since .rockbox contains nothing
but supported files. Why would one want to have this
directory hidden in 'show supported' mode?

This was one of the first things that I ‘fixed’ in my
own personal set of patches that gets applied to any
version of Rockbox that I use.

=====
Craig

rb_dev_at_yahoo.com