Subject: Re: Upgrade Recorder FM's HDD?

Re: Upgrade Recorder FM's HDD?

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:52:12 +0200 (MEST)

> Can you recommend specific brands and models of replacement HDDs? I'm
> particularly interested in recommendations from owners who have replaced
drives
> in the Archos -- what's working, or not working, for you?

I carefully compared Fujitsu, Toshiba and Hitachi 60GB drives, after waiting
for too long for the IBM 80GB drive. Finally I got myself the Fujitsu,
because it is by far the most quiet. It is also the only one with acoustic
management (meaning you can choose between fast or quiet seeks), the latter was
already the factory default.
So far I'm very pleased with my choice. The stock drive was a Hitachi, no
comparison in sound.

Jörg